NordVPN is managed by Tefincom ca S. A., a web hosting company based in Panama. They launched NordVPN in 2012 in response to the growing need for online privacy. They have continued to grow since the launch. NordVPN currently manages a network of 2100+ VPN servers in 61 countries. They continue to expand the network into new locations.
When it comes to privacy, users will be pleased with NordVPN’s no log policy. The only information they keep is the users email address. Otherwise they clearly state that they don’t track what members do through their servers. Trust is built over time and we’re pleased to see NordVPN take a strong stance when it comes to privacy.
As for price, NordVPN is a good value. As a new member you can enjoy unlimited VPN from just $2.75 a month by taking advantage of their term discounts. Save 77% off 3 years of VPN access without a coupon code when you sign up for 36 months of VPN. They accept a number of payment options including credit card, PayPal, Bitcoin and Paysera.
NordVPN Pricing and Discount Offers
- The NordVPN service is currently offering special recurring discounts. Enjoy unlimited VPN for for $11.95 a month, $69 for 12 months, $79 for 24 months, or $99 for 36 months with term discounts. That works out to just $2.75/mo. for 3 years of unlimited VPN access.
- Visit our NordVPN Special page to receive up to 77% off unlimited VPN access.
- NordVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
VPN Client Software
- NordVPN has a nice custom Windows client. It allows users to connect via OpenVPN (TCP or UDP) to any of their server locations. In addition to some advanced features like Double VPN and Tor over VPN. The client also has a kill switch for individual apps which makes it more flexible. It is available to all new members free of charge.
- NordVPN supports multiple VPN protocols including OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2/IPsec. For those unfamiliar OpenVPN is more secure and great for connecting from PC, Mac or Linux. While PPTP and L2TP extend compatibility to mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android phones / tablets.
- iPhone, iPad, Android – NordVPN offers mobile apps for iOS and Android users. They are both very easy to use and include strong encryption.
VPN Server Locations
- NordVPN manages a network of 2100+ VPN servers across 61 different countries. Let’s take a closer look at the countries they currently have servers in. If you visit their “Servers” page they also have a map showing the locations they plan to add in future years.
- NordVPN Servers:
- Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam.
NordVPN Performance Testing
- US speed test – we tested a VPN server near Atlanta and found the speed to be excellent. We were able to get over 63 Mbps download speed.
- Canada speed test – once again we were impressed with the performance. Connecting to a server in Canada we saw speeds of nearly 58 Mbps.
- Conclusion – for the best performance we suggest leaving the client in OpenVPN UDP mode. If you need additional error checking you can switch to TCP but it will impact speed a bit. UDP is definitely best for streaming content. Note: you can expect any VPN to slow your connection some as the traffic is being encrypted.
Operating System Compatibility
- As mentioned above NordVPN supports multiple protocols including OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2/IPsec. By doing so they offer support for a wide range of users.
- System compatibility – Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Mobile compatibility – iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android devices.
- Browser compatibility – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera.
NordVPN has some nice advantages. They are located in Panama and do not log user activity. That’s a big plus compared to many other services. They continue to expand into new locations. NordVPN offers a number of key features that will help protect your privacy and unblock geo restrictions. We enjoyed testing NordVPN and suggest you give their service a try. Remember to take advantage of their term discounts to save when you sign up.