Below is an up to date list of free VPN service trials. VPN providers are willing to offer free trial access or money back guarantees in hopes you enjoy the service and continue on as a customer. The table below details each free VPN trial including the usage limit and term.
[table id=33 /]
Let’s take a closer look at the terms for each trial account:
ExpressVPN Trial: 30 Day Free VPN Trial (money back guarantee)
Here a full explanation of the money back guarantee from ExpressVPN:
- We want you to be 100% satisfied with our service. We’re so confident you’ll like our VPN that we’re offering a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee. Even if you run into problems after signing up, we’re available 7-days per week to help you get them fixed and make you feel comfortable using the VPN.
- If for any reason you’re not satisfied within 30 days of signing up, just send us an email to let us know you’d like your money back, and we’ll give you a full refund.
- If you paid with credit-card, the refund will show up on your credit-card statement within 5 business days. For Paypal, the funds will be returned to your Paypal account. You can then log into Paypal and withdraw the funds back to your bank account or credit card from there.
NordVPN Trial: 30 Day Free VPN Trial (money back guarantee)
Here a full explanation of the money back guarantee from NordVPN:
- We have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy for accounts in good standing.
- We cannot issue refunds for the purchases made on Apple’s App Store. However, you can contact the App Store support about a refund.
IPVanish Trial: 30 Day Free VPN Trial (money back guarantee)
Here a full explanation of the money back guarantee from IPVanish:
- All new accounts are covered by a No Questions Asked, 30 day money back guarantee. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your account be cancelled and you would like a refund. Once you request a refund, all our support team will need from you is to verify your account information. All requests for refunds MUST be submitted within the 30 days of your original order. No refunds will be granted after that period.
Private Internet Access: 30 Day VPN Trial (money back guarantee)
Here a full explanation from the PIA terms of service page:
- If you are less than 100% satisfied with the PrivateInternetAccess.com VPN service, we will gladly refund your payment if the refund is requested within seven (30) days from the date of the purchase. Requests made later than the 30 day purchase date window will be denied.
- You understand that by paying for PrivateInternetAccess using BitCoin as a transaction method, you are using a payment means that is not backed by an official governmental entity or international financial institution, and that the payment system may be prone to large fluctuations in value in a short period of time. The parties agree that any refunds for transactions using BitCoin will be assessed on the Bit Coin exchange rate to USD at the time of the refund disbursement, and not at the time of the original transaction or refund request.
Hide My Ass VPN Trial: 30 Day Free Trial (money back guarantee)
According to HMA new users are entitled to a refund if as long as:
- you claim your refund within 30 days of your order date;
- your account has not already been suspended by us for your breach of our terms of service;
- you send an email to email@example.com stating your VPN user name and the reason for your cancelling the service;
- you have used less than 10GB of bandwidth (data transfer – total of upload and download activity through the VPN);
- you have not exceeded 100 sessions (the number of times you have connected to our service); and
- you have not previously claimed a refund from us under this policy.
If you have exceeded the 10 GB bandwidth limit but your original order is for more than one month, we may charge you the full rate for one month’s usage and refund the balance to you.
GoTrusted VPN Trial: 7 Day Free VPN Trial
Here a full explanation of the free trial from GoTrusted:
- The Free Trial offer associated with GoTrusted individual account entitles new, registered subscribers to a one-time/per-person, free trial usage of the service. Attempts to abuse the free trial offer by signing up with multiple accounts for the same person may result in forfeiture of the free trial and an immediate charge to the credit card provided during registration. Free Trial terms vary by promotional offer. At the end of the trial period, You will be automatically subscribed and we will bill your credit card for the fees to the Service plan You selected at registration or to a default Service plan for trial subscribers selected by GoTrusted. If You wish to terminate the trial and do not wish to subscribe to a plan, You must cancel before the end of your trial period.
- You can cancel GoTrusted by visiting their customer support page. Once their review the answer to “How do I cancel the service” for instructions to request a refund.