PureVPN offers high quality VPN access. With 2000+ servers spanning 141 countries. Members have access to OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP and IKE2 protocols. With P2P / file sharing traffic allowed on the network. The PureVPN client is available for Windows and Mac, You can also download iPhone and Android apps. They even support routers.
PureVPN launched in 2006 and has steadily grown into one of the largest VPN services in the industry. They are a leading VPN provider based on quality of service (speed and reliability) along with customer service and value. They have one simple plan that includes unlimited, uncapped VPN. As a member you can use the service on up to two devices at a time.
VPN Client for Windows and Mac
- PureVPN offers a free VPN client for Windows and Mac. The software helps you connect to any of their 500 servers in 141 countries. Their purpose selection and country selection tools will help you find the best connection for any location.
- The client supports multiple VPN protocols including PPTP, L2TP and SSTP. For those unfamiliar SSTP is more secure but only supported by Windows. While PPTP and L2TP extend compatibility to Mac and mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android phones / tablets.
- PureVPN also supportts OpenVPN but it isn’t in their client yet. They provide instructions for setting it up. We look forward to having OpenVPN inside the client soon.
- iPhone, iPad, Android – PureVPN offers free mobile apps for iOS and Android. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. We use their app on a Samsumg Note II and it works great.
VPN Server Locations
- PureVPN manages 2000+ VPN servers in 141 countries.
- United States VPN server locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Phoenix, Sayreville, Seattle.
- United Kingdom: London, Maidenhead.
- Additional countries with VPN servers include Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, and Yemen.
- PureVPN supports multiple VPN protocols including OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP and IKE2. Windows users should try SSTP for maximum security. You can download the VPN client and use their set up guides guides for any manual connections.
- PureVPN supports advanced features like split tunneling and allows 5 logins on a single account. With DD-WRT support you can secure all the devices on your network through your router.
PureVPN Performance Testing
- PureVPN US speed test – we tested PureVPN from their VPN server location in Texas and the speed was 39.62 Mbps download and 3.90 Mbps upstream.
- PureVPN Canada speed test – after connecting to a server in Canada we were able to get speeds of 16.15 Mbps download and 3.81 Mbps upstream.
- PureVPN UK speed test – connecting to a PureVPN server in London we were able to achieve speeds of 6.43 Mbps download and 2.01 Mbps upstream.
- Conclusion – PureVPN performance was about average in the United States and slower than expected in the United Kingdom. Note: you can expect any VPN to slow your connection some as the traffic is being encrypted.
- As mentioned above PureVPN supports multiple VPN technologies including OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP and IKE2. By doing so they offer support for a wide range of users.
- System compatibility – PureVPN supports Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP), Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu). Note: SSTP is the most secure protocol for Windows users.
- Mobile compatibility – Pure VPN has apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices.
- Browser compatibility – PureVPN supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Opera.
PureVPN Pricing and Special Offers
- PureVPN offers a single plan with unlimited, uncapped VPN access, split tunneling and up to five simultaneous logins.
- Unlimited VPN – $3.33/mo. for 24 months
- Unlimited VPN – $5.83/mo. for 12 months
- Unlimited VPN – $10.95 a month
- NAT Firewall – $3 a month add-on
- Dedicated streaming (US, UK) – $5 a month add-on
- Dedicate IP (US, UK, CA, DE) – $2 a month add-on
- Payment methods include credit card, PayPal and Bitcoin.
- PureVPN accounts include a 7 day money back guarantee.
PureVPN Review : Conclusion
We enjoyed testing PureVPN and highly recommend their service. With servers located in 141 countries and a full list of protocols they have the security side covered. You can use their Windows and Mac clients. Along with mobile apps for iPhone and Android. They also support split tunneling, DD-WRT routers and offer five logins per account. All for $3.33 a month for a years of access.