StrongVPN has a large network including some 456 VPN servers across 22 countries. Members have access to over 10,000 IP addresses. They are known for quality and we would definitely agree. In the past their plans were restrictive with a limited number of server changes and server access based on the account. That’s all changed. StrongVPN has simplified their account offerings. They now have one simple plan that includes unlimited access to their full network of VPN servers around the world. You can use our exclusive discount to sign up for unlimited VPN from just $2.13 a month.
StrongVPN Plans and Discounts
Selecting a StrongVPN plan couldn’t be any easier. You simply choose between monthly and yearly billing terms. The rest is taken care of because StrongVPN has decided to give members full access to their network. No more limits on server switches or locations. You have unlimited, uncapped access to their network of VPN servers around the world.
I’m excited to share a special promotion that StrongVPN is offering to our guests. You can save up to 68% off unlimited VPN access. Enjoy 12 months of unlimited VPN from just $2.13 a month. Visit our StrongVPN Special page to sign up. You will clearly see the discounted pricing as shown above.
Sign Up Process & Payment Options
Signing up for StrongVPN only takes a minute. We’ll walk you through the order screens. You can start by clicking on either the “Join Now!” buttons on the StrongVPN Special page. The next screen will let you choose your billing term and enter your billing information.
Regardless of whether you select monthly or annual billing, the sign up process is the same. StrongVPN requires the minimum amount of personal information required for billing. You can pay with PayPal and only enter an email address. Paying with credit card will require your billing address. Their sign up process is very straight forward so you won’t have any problems. All new members are covered by their 5 day money back guarantee.
VPN Server Locations
The StrongVPN team manages VPN servers in 44 cities in 22 countries around the world. This includes 14 server locations in the United States and 7 locations in the United Kingdom. They have Europe covered very well and have a few servers in Asia. Let’s take a closer look at the StrongVPN network. They host servers in the following locations:
- United States – Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington D.C.
- United Kingdom – Canterbury, Livingston, London, Maidenhead, Manchester, Nottingham, Rugby.
- Canada – Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver.
- Germany – Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich.
- Luxembourg – Contern, Steinsel.
- Switzerland – Basel, Zurich.
- Additional countries include Czech Republic, France, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey.
Security and Privacy
As a StrongVPN member you have several choices when it comes to securing your Internet connection and unblocking content. Their VPN service supports up to 2048 bit encryption. You can connect using PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN (UDP or TCP), and IPSec protocols. We recommend using OpenVPN UDP whenever possible.
In addition to their VPN network, you will have access to StrongDNS which is a great way to unblock content in other countries. The difference between SmartDNS and VPN is encryption. When using StrongDNS you will not encrypt your connection. It’s not about privacy. Instead you will want to use StrongDNS to unblock content in other regions. The lack of encryption leads to better performance which is great for streaming HD content.
You may never need technical assistance while using StrongVPN but it’s important to know that help is available when you need it. In this case the StrongVPN team is available 24 hours a day to answer your question. You can visit the support area of their website for help getting started. They have a FAQ section for common VPN and billing questions. You will also find a VPN setup instructions for a wide range of devices. If you don’t find an answer on their site you can submit a support ticket and expect a quick answer.
Here’s a list of setup guides available on the StrongVPN website:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, Microsoft Surface / Windows RT, Mac OS X / macOS, iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Android, Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Amazon Kindle Fire, Bada, HP web OS, Chomium OS / Google Chrome OS, DD-WRT routers, TomatoUSB, Sabai Router OS, Mikrotik Router OS, Boxee, pfSense, and more.
StrongVPN Speed Test
While StrongVPN may not have the largest VPN network, you will be hard pressed to find many providers that offer faster servers. As you can see in our testing below, their network is fast throughout the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and The Netherlands. The same is true for the rest of Europe and their Asian server locations.
- StrongVPN US speed test – we tested servers in several US cities and were able to achieve 62.07 Mbps download speed in Chicago.
- trongVPN Canada speed test – connecting to a VPN server in Toronto we were able to achieve a download speed of 59.09 Mbps.
- StrongVPN UK speed test – testing a VPN server in the UK we were able to achieve a download speed of 62.03 Mbps.
- As mentioned above StrongVPN supports multiple VPN technologies including PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP and OpenVPN. By doing so they offer support for a wide range of users.
- System compatibility – StrongVPN supports Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP), Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).
- Mobile compatibility – Strong VPN supports iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android and Nokia Symbian devices.
- Browser compatibility – Strong VPN supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Opera.
StrongVPN Review : Conclusion
StrongVPN is well known for offering fast, reliable VPN access. They network of VPN servers in 22 countries and free SmartDNS access for all users. As a members you will have access to every server location using a wide rage of protocols. StrongVPN has perhaps the best support staff in the industry. They have simplified their VPN plans so that everyone has unlimited, uncapped VPN access along with StrongDNS. You can take advantage of our VPNSP special which includes unlimited VPN from just $2.13 a month.