Highlights of the CryptoStorm VPN service:
- Token based authentication
- Anonymous payment options
- Servers in Canada and Iceland
- Supports OpenVPN connections
- Prices start at $7 CAD a month
- CryptoStorm offers term discounts
- Homepage: http://www.cryptostorm.is/
VPN server locations:
- Canada, Iceland
IP address support:
- Shared IP
VPN account types:
- Read their CryptoStorm Privacy Seppuku Pledge for details
VPN service details:
- CryptoStorm is the evolution of a previous VPN service called Cryptocould.
- The CryptoStorm team is taking steps to ensure a high level of security and anonymity for their users. They are doing so by providing network token based authentication. You buy tokens through a number of resources and then use it to connect to their network. That means they don’t have your personal or payment information. CryptoStorm takes it a step further by supporting digital currencies like Bitcoin and Dogecoins.
- CryptoStorm makes it clear that they do not monitor or restrict activity on the network. Their Privacy Seppuku Pledge makes it clear that they will shut the company down before outing a user.
- CryptoStorm manages VPN servers in Canada and Iceland with future exit nodes expected in the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Panama, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.
- The service supports OpenVPN connections. Setting up the service isn’t as easy as many of the providers we review that offer custom clients. If you are technical in nature it won’t be an issue. Otherwise you might have some questions getting started.
Free VPN trial:
- CryptoStorm does not offer a free trial.
- Online support
- All prices shown are in Canadian dollars
- OpenVPN – $8 a month or $64 a year using credit card
- OpenVPN – $7 a month or $56 a year using cryptocurrency