Hide My Ass offers VPN clients for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to supporting iPhone, iPad and Android devices. HideMyAss even offers help in configuring DD-WRT routers to access their VPN service. In the review to follow we’ll talk about each platform. Enjoy unlimited, uncapped VPN access for $11.52 a month, $49.99 for 6 months or $78.66 a year.
HMA Pro VPN Client Features
- Country Selection – all of the Hide My Ass servers and VPN protocols are easily accessible from within the client. You can choose them from a simple drop down or view a list of servers by country. Those who prefer a visual representation can also select between VPN servers using their map overview.
- IP Address Settings – the HideMyAss client allows you to randomly change IP addresses at set intervals. You can also view a log of the IP address history for your connections.
- Load Balancing – load balancing is our favorite client feature. This option is enabled by default and helps HMA provide the best possible speed. Anytime you connect to a server with 30% higher utilization than other servers in the same group the client will notify you and recommend the fastest server in that area.
- Secure IP Bind – members can use secure IP bind to bind applications to HideMyAss. Then the software will only run when connected to the service. If you get disconnected the application will stop working until the encrypted connection is resumed.
HideMyAss VPN Client Software
- The current release of HideMyAss Windows client (version 2.6.9) supports Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- The current release of HideMyAss Mac client (version 1.1.7) supports Mac OS / X.
- The current release of HideMyAss Linux client (version 1.2) supports the latest Linux distros.
- HideMyAss supports mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android.
- HideMyAss provides installation code to help setup DD-WRT routers. Allowing you to access their VPN network from other devices including game consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii), Boxee, Google TV, Apple TV, network Blu-ray players and more.
HideMyAss offers Windows, Mac and Linux VPN clients along with setup guides for iPhone and Android. Our favorite feature is load balancing. We use Hide My Ass on a regular basis and enjoy the speed and reliability of both the service and client software. We highly recommend Hide My Ass and suggest you take advantage of their current specials.