Unlocator is a well known Smart DNS service. That differs from a VPN in that Unlocator does not focus on protecting users privacy. While a VPN provides encryption, SmartDNS services like Unlocator skip the encryption and focus on unblocking content. Both solutions will help you unblock channels in other countries. However, if you don’t need the privacy protection, a VPN is overkill. The overhead of encryption will slow your connection. In contrast, Unlocator will help you unblock content without any speed loss.
Let’s start with pricing. You will find that Unlocator is less expensive than most VPN services. They offer unlimited access for $4.95 a month or $49.95 a year. I have been a member for over a year and enjoy the service. In my experience Unlocator works well for some channels that other Smart DNS providers have trouble unblocking. For example, I wanted to watch Drgaon’s Den on CBC but was having trouble doing so. A VPN works but it slows down the connection. I found that most Smart DNS companies didn’t support CBC at the time. Unlocator worked like a charm and continues to get the job done.
As you can see Unlocator offers all new members a 7 day free trial. That’s great as it gives you time to test the channels you want to unblock. There isn’t much to using the service so there shouldn’t be any issues with getting it set up and running. I suggest switching between regions and watching different channels that meet you interests. The same is true for Netflix. You can switch between regions and enjoy a much wider range of content.
Unlocator is all about unblocking content in other regions. They support more than 200 channels in 28 countries. You will find all the major US channels that stream content along with broadcasters throughout the world. Let’s take a look at a few of the channels Unlocator supports:
The screenshot above is just a small sampling of the channels Unlocator will help you unblock in the United States. Let’s take a look at the list of channels Unlocator will help you unblock. We’ll start with the full list of Netflix regions that Unlocator supports.
Netflix Regions supported by Unlocator
- Netflix regions – Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
Unlocator supported channels by region
- Austria – ARF
- Brazil – Globostat Play
- Canada – CBC, City TV, CTV, Discovery Channel, Global TV, HGTV Canada, MuchMusic, Sportsnet, TOU.TV, TSN, Ztele.
- Denmark – Danmarks Radio, HBO Nordic, TV2 Play, TV3 Danmark, Viaplay Danmark, Zattoo Denmark.
- Finland – Katsomo, Viaplay Finland, Yle Areena.
- France – 6Play, CANAL+, CanalPlay, D8, France 2, France 3, France 4, France 5, France Pluzz, France TV, FranceTVSport, myCanal, MYTF1, Zattoo France.
- Germany – Amazon Instant, Das Erste, Magine TV, Watchever, Zattoo Germany, ZDF.
- Ireland – TV 3 Ireland
- India – Star Sports
- Italy – Premium Play, RAI TV.
- Netherlands – NPO
- New Zealand – Premier League Pass, TVNZ.
- Norway – HBO Nordic, NRK, TV2 Sumo, TV3 Norge, Viaplay Norge.
- Saudi Arabia – BeIN Sports
- South Africa – DSTV, SuperSport.
- Spain – Ares Player, Mitele, rtve, Zattoo Spain.
- Sweden – HBO Nordic, Magine TV Sweden, Oppet Arkiv, SVT Play, TV3 Sverige, TV4 Play, Viaplay Sverige.
- Switzerland – Zattoo Switzerland
- United States – A&E, ABC, ABC Family, ABC News, Acorn TV, Amazon Instant, Amazon Music, AMC, BBC America, Beats Music, Bravo TV, Cartoon Network, CBS, CBS All Access, CBS News, CBS Sports Radio, CinemaNow, CMT, CNBC, CNN GO, Comedy Central, Crackle, Cruchyroll, CWTV, DirecTV, Dishworld, Disney Anywhere, DramaFever, Encore Play, Epix, ESPN, Fandor, Feeln, Food Network, Fox FoxSoccer2Go, Fox Sports Go, Fubo TV, Funimation, FXNOW, FYI, Google Play Music, HBO GO, HBO NOW, HGTV, History, Hulu, IFC Watch Now, Lifetime, Logo TV, M-GO, Military History, MLB.TV, MLS Live, MTV, National, NBA League Pass, NBC, NBC Sports Live, NCAA March Madness, Netflix US, NFL Game Pass, NFL Game Rewind, NFL Now, NHL Gamecenter, Nick, Oxygen TV, Pandora, PBS, Rdio, Screambox, Sesame Go, Showtime, Showtime Anytime, Simpsons World, Slacker, Sling TV, Smithsonian, Songza, South Park Studios, Spike TV, Spotify, Starz Play, Sundance TV, SyFy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TNT, Travel Channel, TV.com, TVland, UFC, Universal Sports, Univision, US Open, USA Network, VEVO, VH1, VUDU, Walt Disney Channel, Watch Disney, Watch Disney XD, WE TV, WWE Network, Xfinity, Yahoo Screen.
- United Kingdom – Absolute Radio, Al Jazeera, Amazon Instant, BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, Blinkbox, BT Sport, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV, NOW TV, TV Player.
- Australia – ABC iView, SBS.
Next to channel selection, the most important factor of a Smart DNS service is the device support. I’m happy to share that Unlocator supports a wide range of devices. Their support team has put together a full list of guides for the following devices:
Devices supported by Unlocator
- Operating systems – Mac OX S, Ubuntu, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows XP.
- Media players – Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Boxee, Chromecast, Nexus Player, NOW TV Box, Roku, Sonos, Western Digital.
- Gaming consoles – Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U.
- Smart TVs – Google TV, LG, Panasonic, Phillips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba.
- Phones & tablets – Android, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire, Win Phone
- Routers – 2Wire, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Asus, BEETEL, Belgacom, Belkin, Bell Pibe, Bell Alient, Buffalo, Cisco, DD-WRT, D-Link, Fritz Box, Huawei, Linksys, Netgear, Siemens, Tomato, TP-Link.
As you can see Unlocator supports hundreds of channels across a wide range of devices. The service is priced right and offers excellent support. I suggest you visit the link below to visit their site. From there you can easily sign up for their 7 day free trial (no credit card required) and test it out for yourself.