VPNSecure.me offers members unlimited VPN access. They have VPN servers located in 46 countries. VPNSecure.me members enjoy OpenVPN, SSH Socks, PPTP, HTTP Proxy, and Smart DNS. Connect to VPNSecure using their custom client for Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, and Android devices. Configure your DD-WRT compatible router and enjoy VPN access network wide.
- VPNSecure offers custom client software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. They also have mobile apps for iOS and Android users.
- Their custom software includes several advanced features including DNS leak protection, IPv6 leak protection, UDP leak protection, multi lingual, theme options, advanced VPN options, open on startup, disable Internet on disconnection, split routing, Stealth VPN (Obfsproxy), and support for Windows/Mac/Linux.
- VPNSecure supports multiple VPN protocols including OpenVPN and PPTP. For those unfamiliar basically OpenVPN is the most secure and great for connecting from PC, Mac or Linux. While PPTP extends compatibility to mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android devices, and DD-WRT routers.
- The VPNSecure network consists of over 60 servers in 46 countries. Each server supports OpenVPN, PPTP, SSH SOCKS proxy, and HTTP proxy.
- VPN servers are located in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, Netherlands, New Zealand, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.
- The network includes several server locations strategically located in the United States. They have servers in New Jersey, California, Illinois, Colorado, and Florida.
- VPN access is unlimited to all server locations.
VPNSecure Performance Testing
- Baseline speed test – before connecting to VPNSecure we tested our Internet speed and found it to be 34.95 Mbps download and 3.57 Mbps upstream. Connecting from the US – east coast.
- VPNSecure speed test – after connecting to the Chicago PPTP VPN server we tested our Internet speed again and found it to be 26.41 Mbps download and 4.10 Mbps upstream.
- Conclusion – the performance of their network was good. Note: you can expect any VPN to slow your connection some as the traffic is being encrypted.
- As mentioned above VPNSecure supports multiple connection types including OpenVPN, SSH Socks, PPTP, HTTP Proxy, and Smart DNS (Mobile Devices can use OpenVPN or IPSEC). By doing so they offer support for a wide range of users.
- System compatibility – VPNSecure supports Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP), Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).
- Mobile compatibility – VPNSecure.me supports iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Blackberry and Android devices.
- Router compatibility – you can set up a OpenVPN or PPTP connection to VPNSecure on your router.
- Browser compatibility – VPNSecure supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Opera.
VPNSecure Account Pricing
- VPNSecure offers a number of accounts based on server type (Proxy vs. PPTP vs. OpenVPN) along with a combo account that includes OpenVPN and SmartDNS.
- OpenVPN + SmartDNS – $9.95 a month
- PPTP VPN – $7.95 a month
- HTTP Proxy – $4.95 a month
- Save with term discounts. Offering 6 month and annual accounts for up to 25% off.
- VPNSecure accepts Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Perfect Money, and Paymentwall.
VPNSecure Review : Conclusion
We enjoyed testing the VPNSecure service. The setup was simple and 24/7 support is excellent. We’ve read rave reviews of their tech support and definitely agree. Performance was solid and I think you will like their custom client software. It’s intuitive and very easy to use. The price is good for unlimited VPN access. We recommend you give them a try.